At SJLA we are invested in our local communities and neighboring counties as we help with growth and development. A full-time career with SJLA comes with the added benefits of paid vacations, paid holidays and health insurance. We offer a relaxed, flexible environment right in the heart of charming downtown Petaluma!
If you are interested in joining our team and are qualified for one of the openings listed below, please fill out the form and attach your resume.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare plans & supporting engineering reports for entitlement, improvement plans, & building permit applications
- Create & maintain civil base map drawings & coordinate with survey department on Topographic modeling
- Prepare grading modeling using feature lines & corridors
- Design SS & SD gravity networks using Hydraflow & Storm Sewers
- Review & implement plan revision markups for pipe networks, plan / profile / alignments, road sections
- Manage ACAD standards, templates, block & assembly libraries
- Review plan check comments & implement design changes as needed to respond
- Correspondence with City / County staff for processing of submittals
- Review code and design standards as needed to certify compliance or identify adjustments needed
- Assemble construction cost estimates & quantity take offs
- Five years of experience including horizontal and vertical design of streets, grading, and utilities.
- Possession of Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California or the ability to obtain registration within one year.
- Ability to complete all designs in AutoCAD Civil 3D .
- Computer skills required include AutoCad Civil 3D; LDD; Civil Design software (2000 or higher); Microsoft Office Suite (2000 or higher); Blue Beam.
- Autodesk Certification a plus.
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver’s License.